Thursday, January 13, 2011

A sad day

We had sad news yesterday. My husbands mum passed away very suddenly. She was 67 and in relatively good health. My father in law came home from work yesterday and found her. It was her heart, not a heart attack but heart failure. We'll know more in a couple of weeks when the coroners report is finalised.
She is going to be missed so much, she was a very kind, caring lady who loved to love. She came and stayed with us this Christmas so that I could work and not have to pay for childcare. We had a wonderful time, Lin and Chris found a fabulous holiday home to stay in near Umberleigh where they could bring their dog Mayzee. It meant they could still have a holiday on their own as well as spending time with us. She loved her three grandchildren who loved her straight back - even when she told the girls that they had too many toys and had to give some away!
She was so excited with the digital camera we gave her for Christmas, it was a joint present from us and Jo and Andy. Chris agreed to buy a laptop which Jez helped them choose. Their broadband was only connected yesterday, she didn't even have a chance to send an email.
Linda rediscovered her love of knitting through me, making the children some sweet little things. They will be even more special now. She loved her garden and her dogs, good food and sudoku puzzles. I can't believe I was walking around town with her just 12 days ago. She was so proud of her family, couldn't stop hugging us. She always told me how much she loved my cuddles.
It's so unfair. I didn't even take any photographs of her with us over Christmas.
We miss you Nanny Linda and hope that you are happy and peaceful wherever you may be now. xxx
I'll leave you with these words that Maddie wrote yesterday evening.

I loved my nanny lots and lots, it should be a happy feeling she's with her mum and dad.
I loved her very much.

3 comments:

Woollycraft Wonders said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. How very sad. No words can make it any better. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

so so sorry, your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending you these special peaceful ((((((((hugs)))))))) as well.
Helen xx

Anonymous said...

just too sad...love you all so much xx